I’m a pretty firm believer in not starting resolutions until you’re ready for them. The holidays are so stressful and busy I can’t really even process the future until they are done and I’ve had a few weeks to get back in the swing of normal life. In fact I already wrote this blog post once and things have already changed!
This year, I’m looking for more balance. Last year I reduced my max number of weddings from 20 to 12, and this year I’m lowering it to 10 (just a few spots remain this fall!). I loved being able to spend more time with my family because these summers just go so fast. I realized that Morgan only has really 7 or 8 more summers with us until she goes off to college, and I want to take advantage of her being with us and being a child as long as I can.
That all being said, here are my personal and business goals for 2019:
- Move or Renovate our home. This year will be the 5th year we’ve lived in Wisconsin! We have definitely outgrown our home, and Andy and I are really considering our options. We want to keep the girls in their school district if we can, and that means sacrificing some square footage for our location. Right now, it’s actually significantly more cost effective for us to do a complete home remodel over buying, so we are meeting with contractors and working on financing options for that. It’s a lot of unknown right now, but hopefully I have a positive post about that going forward!
- Print Photos – I have spent countless hours building Chatbook albums and never ordering them. This year I want to schedule a date per month where I put together our album choices, clean up my photo galleries (google photos you are amazing for this) and get organized.
- Budget More Efficiently – Those Target sales always get me! This year I want to be really intentional about our spending and buy things that will last a long time. Our girls have been really hard on our furniture so we have been just waiting for them to grow up a bit before buying items that we would be “ok” with them spilling say nail polish on 🙂
- Get Rid of More – I know everyone and their grandma is Marie Kondo’ing the heck out of their homes, and we are doing the same! I really love the idea of thanking the things you get rid of. Especially now that we are considering a remodel (and living in our basement for weeks), I want to get rid of the stuff we don’t use and clutters our space. The hardest part of this is waiting until the kids go to bed for this, but I think tackling 15-30 minutes every day will work best for us!
- More Date Nights – Andy and I definitely lacked date nights this year, so we are putting it on the priority list for 2019.
- Blog It – 2018 was a sad year for the blog. I have session upon session in the queue that I haven’t gotten to yet! I want to write more, share more, and expand what the blog is. I’m still figuring that part out, but I’m excited to see where it goes!
- Spread Kindness – I’m working on some BTS things for my 2019 clients and I cannot wait to share them. That’s all I can say for now 🙂
- Book 10 Weddings
- Launch My Senior Line
- Add Digital Products to the Bales & Row Print Shop
What are your goals for 2019? What are you dreaming about doing??
*This post contains affiliate links*