April 1, 2019
*This post includes affiliate links
I love doing engagement sessions so much, but if you are anything like me, once you get your photos back you do three things:
- Gush about them
- Save a few to post online
- Promptly forget about them
I have so many sessions of my family and of Andy and I that we took, love and then forget about because things get busy. So this post is for you (and me too!) to remember that there is so much more to engagement photos than just a few social media posts. They celebrate this exciting time in your life, you look GOOD. You got dressed up and look gorgeous and darn it, those photos need to be seen.
Here are a few ways to use your engagement photos
- Wedding Guest Book – These are my favorite things at weddings! It’s an easy way to have all of your guests to leave you messages and display your engagement photos.
- Make a Work of Art – You may not be professional models (but we can hardly tell with how well you rocked your engagement session!) but you can be a work of art! I love Rachel Wadlow Art, she will paint a custom abstract piece from your photo.
- Create a Calendar – Celebrate all year with a custom calendar! I really like the calendar options from Artifact Uprising.
- Put a Stamp on it – You are going to be sending out a lot of mail, so why not use your engagement session photos to create custom stamps?
- Make a Gallery Wall – Why not use them in a more traditional way? Create a gallery wall with your favorite engagement photos. You can always replace them with wedding photos later.
- Coffee Table Book – Want to display your photos but you already have plans for a guest book? Create a simple coffee table book for friends and family to check out in your home.
- Update Your Headshot – It’s not everyday you’re all dressed up! Have a great solo photo of yourself? Use it as your headshot or link’d in profile!
- Save the Dates – Probably the most common way to use engagement sessions are for Save the Dates! My favorites are from the Minted 2019 Save the Date Collection