Does anyone else feel like this summer has flown by and it’s basically time to celebrate New Years? I can’t be the only one.
July was full of gorgeous weddings and a much needed time of rest with my family. We are still recovering this week from our 12-hour road trip turned 24-hour semi nightmare drive home though, and I don’t think there is enough coffee in the world today! Pennslyvania is no joke with their storms and construction.
Overall though, I’m so excited to jump into fall planning and dreaming up things for my 2019 couples. Early summer next season is just about fully booked, and engagement session season is happening in earnest starting this week! I cannot wait to get to know my couples even more and enjoy these warm days while they last.
Personal Goals for August
- I picked up two pretty FREE wingback chairs before we left that I need to reupholster, so I’ll be watching a ton of youtube videos on how to do that this month!
- Refinish Morgan’s dresser, also a thrift shop find and just needs a new stain! I forgot how much I hate sanding so I need to keep my eyes on the finish line.
- Fix kitchen floors. This is a project we’ve wanted to do anyway but Shep gave us a little bit of a push by destroying part of the linoleum while we were gone. Hopefully, the wood floors underneath aren’t too bad! Our dogsitter felt so bad but #thatpuppylife
- Schedule a date with Andy that isn’t the movies.
- Create a home base for the kids to drop bags, shoes, etc before school starts.
- Plan a birthday party for Bailey.
- Read or listen to two non business books.
Business Goals for August
- Book 2 2019 weddings
- Create August and September blog schedule
- Convert pricing guide PDF to print and online format.
- Clean office (must put on the list during wedding season or it gets out of control!)
- Read one business-related book.
Phew! Taking things day by day this month because September looks scary with everything going on. What are your goals this month? Should I blog my DIY projects??
One of our camera selfies during our day on Nantucket. Not too bad for balancing on a pier right??
Happy August friends!